Posted on | June 7, 2011 |
The mission of United Staff is to create a clerical, professional and technical staff union at UVM that reflects our needs and values.
We envision and believe:
1. that a staff union at UVM will make UVM a stronger, more effective, and more successful institution for everyone, including students, faculty, the administration, and the state of Vermont;
2. that if UVM invests in its staff, then the staff will invest in UVM through long-term commitment, dedication, creativity, and passion;
3. that staff are part of a team with the students, faculty and administration in UVM’s successes and challenges;
4. that when staff are valued and supported, we are able to do our best work to support the faculty, the administration, and most importantly, the students;
5. that a spirit of cooperation and collaboration, not confrontation, will provide the best results in our dealings amongst ourselves and with other groups on campus;
6. that interactions among UVM staff, faculty, administration, and students are characterized by transparency, trust, and accountability;
7. that all members of UVM treat each other with dignity, kindness, and respect to create a positive and productive work life, as set forth in UVM’s Common Ground statement.